Graduation Countdown!

Week 8 Reading and Writing

Arjuna asking Shiva for forgiveness once he realized who Shiva was. Source: Wikimedia
The reading and writing assignments have been fun and easy to keep up with. With a schedule full of chemistry, I have loved every chance to get away from it and read the stories, write blogs, and interact with others for these assignments. I am so excited about my website/project. Google is difficult to customize much, which is why I absolutely love Wix and how my layout for my project is going. I wish I had taken the risk of a more complicated site sooner rather than now! My writing for my project is also something I am so proud of. I truly hope that it informs, but also entertains, those who read it. I love reading and hearing all things Shiva, so I have put my 110% into this project to ensure that it portrays the Shiva that I have grown up learning about and loving. I enjoy how creative I have become. Science is straightforward and does not allow for deviation, so branching out or thinking outside of the box can be difficult at times. The writings has reached into my creative depths and continuously inspired me as I move through the writings. My favorite reading is definitely the Mahabharata. This piece is one of most importance and significance in my life, so reading it again in many ways is always enjoyable. As I read, I have become more tuned to the details rather than the storyline itself. I am interested in characters, plots, and conversation rather than reading for pleasure. This analytical reading skill I have obtained is one of utmost importance when continuing my education. I do think I should find more time to enjoy the readings though while also analyzing. As I move forward, I hope to find more time to accomplish this and enhance my reading experience.

I chose the above photo because it was something completely new that I had learned about. I never learned about Arjuna meeting Shiva and this incredible epic poem that came from it, so I hope to explore it more in my project and bring new light to it, while also learning more about it myself.

Comments

Popular Posts