Graduation Countdown!

Time Strategies: Sounds Easy But is Deceiving

Time management... what a concept. I love planning; I love planners. I enjoy thinking ahead and giving myself those timelines and deadlines. However, "senioritis" has hit and I am far beyond procrastination. At some point last semester, I literally gave up and took the late grade. Am I proud of this not-very-strategic move? No. But what is done is done. All buts aside, I truly need to get my act together this semester. Mostly because I want my junior-year study habits back. Productivity was at an all time high and motivation was sky-rocketing. It's a different type of high, really. You feel so powerful when you're in control of your schedule rather than vice versa. So that is my goal for the semester: actually do my work! Just kidding. It's to bring back my wonderful old study habits and rock this last semester out of the water. For this class, I want to make sure I stay on top of the work and be at least one week ahead at a time in case of emergency questions and assistance on my project. For the semester, I'm hoping to keep on top of my work constantly so that I am never studying at the last moment (which last semester happened quite a bit unfortunately). I think planning ahead with a planner and simply doing a few tasks per day should keep me on track in all my courses including this one. Yet, only time will tell the truth of my plans.

This laziness that up-roared last semester was definitely not my style and was shocking to the world (my parents). I think some of the articles that I read were definitely helpful in changing my mindset from "ugh too much to do" to "okay, let's tackle this first and move onto the next". The Myth of "Too Busy" was a great article that helped me realize that I was looking at my schedule the wrong way. It is not about making time around free time, but rather making time around the things I absolutely must get done. I liked this article a lot because I know if I think this way, I will be able to get much more done throughout each day. How to Beat Procrastination was another wonderful article with a strategy that I love to use often. Treat yo' self. Quite honestly it works. As my weakness is coffee, it's fun to treat myself to a good hearty cup as I'm working away. But I've realized my environment has to be inviting as well. I think I found my new spot for the semester and I'm sure this strategy will be useful. Well, here's to hoping that these articles inspired me and that the planner that I bought for the year will be in use unlike last year's. Cheers to the final hoorah!

More indirect hope (and humor) that my planner will be of use my final semester. Source: Flickr

Comments

Popular Posts