Graduation Countdown!

Growth Mindset and Me

Listening to Carol Dweck's TedTalk was inspiring. I had not heard of her before, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to see education in a new way. I feel as though I am in the middle of the argument. There are days where I am working towards the grade or the goal simply to achieve them. However, there are other days when things may be going wrong and I take the challenge as Carol Dweck said. I look at the problem positively and make sure that regardless of the outcome I am learning something. In other aspects of life, as challenges come my way, I take the optimistic approach and try to understand the situation in different perspectives. This approach that Carol Dweck proposes is something I try everyday to help me get through life. As I've gone through OU, I have learned my own learning style, how to combat issues I come across, and the best way to go about studying. Some of my biggest challenges were tackling tough courses and balancing my life outside of school in the midst of chaos. I learned how to put my health and self first to make sure that I could handle the load that I had taken on. Growth mindset is an interesting topic that will always capture my attention. As I move into more difficult classes and onto medical school, I think learning about growth mindset will help me to balance my workload and look at my challenges in new ways. I don't have any learning goals for this semester, but I'm hoping that this growth mindset activity will allow me to make some goals!

Growth mindset in a nutshell. Source: A Teachable Teacher

Comments

Popular Posts