Graduation Countdown!

My Favorite Places

My favorite places are not quite as specific as they are general. Many of these places are where I feel the most serene, creative, and inspired.

My first favorite place is a coffee shop. The smell of coffee, the quiet ambiance, and the people are all reasons I love sitting in a coffee shop on any given day. It feels as though the creativity flows from the spouts of the coffee machines straight into my hands (maybe a little dramatic). Some of my favorite spots in Norman are All About Cha, Grey Owl, Michelangelo's, and Crimson & Whipped Cream.

The vintage feel of a coffee shop. Source: PxHere
My second favorite place is a bookstore. Bookstores are nice in that there is a huge variety of books to choose from and an endless supply of knowledge. Sometimes, you can get lucky and find a coffee shop inside of it (I am coffee obsessed in case you couldn't tell). In the mildly small town I live in, it is difficult to find a bookstore. However, I always enjoy browsing books at any chance I get!

A unique bookstore. Source: Flickr

My final favorite place is museums. Below is the image of London's Museum of Science. I visited this museum on a trip to London, and the feeling I get from entering and wandering within any museum never fails to keep me happy. Museums are wonderful in that we not only gain knowledge, but we respect those who discovered some of the most important inventions and discoveries no matter how small. The history and education that comes from museums, not just those built within buildings, but also those that are museums themselves like palaces and other architecture, are what add to my curiosity and make this world a playground for our interests. I enjoy traveling and gaining knowledge about other cultures and religions besides my own, and museums add to that interest.

London Science Museum. Source: LSU

Comments

  1. This is wonderful, Simran! Coffee shops, bookstores, and museums are some of my favorite places in the real world too. I live in a very rural area, so now I rely on digital books (shopping for used books online is pretty amazing: you can get used books from sellers all over the world), and we have an espresso machine, so I am not deprived of coffee or books... but I miss museums! I used to live in England, and whenever I went to London, I headed straight for the British Museum! I am glad that the British Museum has put so many materials online for people to see... but it's not the same as being there! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts