Graduation Countdown!

Reading Notes: Narayan's Ramayana Part C

Oh, how creativity strikes. As the weeks get busier, these stories are only wonderful in that it is a good break. It is peaceful to read of the triumphs of Lord Rama, and his strength, composure, and power are only idealistic of how I wish I were.

Among the other stresses of the semester and life itself, I have reconciled a long lost memory. I found my old Nintendo DS sitting around my house a few weeks back. Since then, me and this white block have been inseparable. One of my favorite games is Super Mario Brothers. And that is what sparked my reading notes for today.

The small episode of Ravana stealing Sita reminded me of when Bowser steals Peach from Mario. Mario then begins this series of challenges he must pass to find Peach and Bowser. Here Rama is essentially Mario and is crossing various challenges to find Sita (Peach).

I did not ever think that I would be comparing Lord Rama to Mario. Incredible!

The Mario Gang. Source: DevianArt
Bibliography

Ramayana by R. K. Narayan pg 75-117. Literary Source.

Comments

Popular Posts