Graduation Countdown!

Week 4 Lab: Strategies for Story-Making

This week I decided to do the story lab rather than a new story. I felt like it would be important to understand how to improve my stories and incorporate these changes into my storybook as well. I read the EmpoWord Chapter 2 over narratives, descriptions, and basic story terminology. This was really helpful in that it allowed me to discover what aspects can be altered and how important even the smallest details can be about a story.

Something new I learned was about the pace of a story. In the case of the short stories we write weekly, the pace of the stories are typically fast. However, when it comes to the storybook, the pace must be set right in order to have the right emphasis and create the impact intended. Additionally, the characters must be well thought out. All these factors have an important role in the story, but there is a sequence that must be done in order to properly relay it.

Firstly, the boundaries of the stories must be set. The plot must be well thought out before anything else because that is the spectrum by which the rest will follow. As mentioned in the EmpoWord book, if the spectrum is too broad it will make it difficult to effectively communicate what is intended.

I really enjoyed reading this chapter because it actually gave me more information about writing my Storybook. I am so excited to get started!

Stories are more than just that. Source: Etsy

Comments

Popular Posts