Graduation Countdown!

Week 13 Reading Notes: Ganesha Amar Chitra Katha

I always love reading the Amar Chitra Katha. I can't get enough of it. It gives a small snippet of these incredible stories and gives a sweet and simple meaning to it. There are stories that are long and take a while to get to the point, which is why I like the comics. They bring me the information that I want to hear! The story of Ganesha is one of major importance. Not only does it involve Shiva and Parvati, but the way he was created resulted in the action emanating in his personality. By that I mean that he prevails all obstacles. His head was cut off, but Shiva put an elephants head right back on top, and he continued without a word. Prevailing all obstacles. This is a theme that can be used to further his story or create a new one. The story could be told from Shiva's or Parvati's perspective as well. There are endless options here! Three characters, one theme, and major flexibility. All the perfect pot for a great story.

Ganesha. Source: Hindu Devotional Blog
Bibliography

Ganesha by Amar Chitra Katha. Literary source.

Comments

Popular Posts